The day you first launch a new site. Unless you went out and purchased someone else''s site chances are your site launched with only one very few loyal customers. Maybe a few days later you received a few hits when you told a couple of friends your sister, father or girlfriend about your new site but that''s about as far you went when it comes to finding supporters. Of course this kind of Word of mouth advertising works but you have to incorporate this word of mouth technique with building links or pillars of your websites audience foundation. If you only use the tell a friend technique your site will not only not survive but you will crash and burn and go out of business very fast. A guy who teaches link building techniques so effectively his name is Yaro Sarak Url: www.blogmastermind.com
Below are the top 10 Techniques
New owners can use to find customers. These are tips specifically for new owners, those people who have next-to-no audience at the moment and want to get your turnkey, blog or personal website on the Internet Highway
It helps if you work on this list from top to bottom as each technique builds on the previous step to help your website create momentum. Eventually once you establish enough momentum you gain what is called "traction", which is a large enough audience base (about 500 customers a day is good) that you no longer have to work too hard on finding new clients. Instead your current loyal customers do the work for you through their word of mouth.
Top 10 Tips
10. Write at least five major "pillar" or link articles that refer to your site on Url: www.ezinearticles.com A pillar article is a tutorial style article aimed to teach your audience something about your product. Usually in comparison of how your product rates far and above the competing products in your webistes particular market niche. Generally these articles are no longer than 500 words and have lots of very practical tips or advice. This article you are currently reading could be considered a pillar article since it is very practical and a good "how-to" lesson. This style of article has long term appeal, stays current (it isn’t news or time dependent) and offers real value and insight. The more pillars you have online the more links you have back to your site to drive traffic.
9. Start Writing a new blog post about yout online products on your site and the benefits of how it improves the quality of life for your potential customer try to write 1 per day minimum. Not every post has to be a pillar, but you should work on getting those five pillars done at the same time as you keep your blog fresh with a daily news or short article style post. The important thing here is to demonstrate to first time visitors that your blog is updated all the time so they feel that if they come back tomorrow they will likely find something new. This causes them to bookmark your site or subscribe to your blog feed.
Keep It Fresh
You don''t have to produce one post per day all the time but it is important you do when your blog is brand new. Once you get traction you still need to keep the fresh content coming but your loyal audience will be more forgiving if you slow down to a few per week instead. The first few months are critical so the more content you can produce at this time the better.
8. Use a proper domain name. If you are blogging or you have a website make sure in your domain title of your name you have your sites subject title words so if someone is doing a web search they will pick up your the subject of your site. A good keyword help tool can be found at Url: www.wordtracker.com . If you are serious about your site be serious about what you call your blog or website. In order for people to easily spread the word about your blog you need an easily rememberable domain name or blog title. People often talk about blogs they like when they are speaking to friends in the real world (that''s the offline world, you remember that place right?) so you need to make it easy for them to spread the word and pass on your URL. Try and get a .com if you can and focus on small easy to remember domain or blog name rather than worry about having the correct keywords (of course if you can get great keywords and easy to remember then you’ve done a good job!).
7.Start commenting on other sites or Blogs. Once you have your pillar articles and your daily fresh smaller rticles your blog is ready to be exposed to the world. One of the best ways to find the right type of reader for your blog is to comment on other people’s blogs. You should aim to comment on blogs focused on a similar niche topic to yours since the readers there will be more likely to be interested in your blog.
Most blog commenting systems allow you to have your name/title linked to your blog when you leave a comment. This is how people find your blog. If you are a prolific commentor and always have something valuable to say then people will be interested to read more of your work and hence click through to visit your blog or Website.
6. Trackback and link to other blogs in your blog posts or website. A trackback is sort of like a blog conversation. When you write a new article to your blog and it links or references another blogger''s article you can do a trackback to their entry. What this does is leave a truncated summary of your blog post on their blog entry - it''s sort of like your blog telling someone else’s blog that you wrote an article mentioning them. Trackbacks often appear like comments.
This is a good technique because like leaving comments a trackback leaves a link from another blog back to yours for readers to follow, but it also does something very important - it gets the attention of another blogger. The other blogger will likely come and read your post eager to see what you wrote about them. They may then become a loyal reader of yours or at least monitor you and if you are lucky some time down the road they may do a post linking to your blog bringing in more new readers.
5. Encourage comments on your own blog. One of the most powerful ways to convince someone to become a loyal reader is to show there are other loyal readers already following your work. If they see people commenting on your blog then they infer that your content must be good since you have readers so they should stick around and see what all the fuss is about. To encourage comments you can simply pose a question in a blog post. Be sure to always respond to comments as well so you can keep the conversation going.
4. Submit your latest pillar article to a blog carnival. A blog carnival is a post in a blog that summarizes a collection of articles from many different blogs on a specific topic. The idea is to collect some of the best content on a topic in a given week. Often many other blogs link back to a carnival host and as such the people that have articles featured in the carnival often enjoy a spike in new readers.
To find the right blog carnival for your blog, do a search at Url: www.blogcarnival.com
3. Submit your blog with a link to your product niche turnkey website to Url: www.blogtopsites.com To be honest this tip is not going to bring in a flood of new readers and customers but it''s so easy to do and only takes five minutes so it''s worth the effort. Go to Url: www.blogs-collection.com Top Sites find the appropriate category for your blog and submit it. You have to copy and paste a couple of lines of code on to your blog so you can rank and then sit back and watch the traffic come in. You will probably only get 1-10 incoming readers per day with this technique but over time it can build up as you climb the rankings. It all helps!
You can also get paid to write or read blogs at Url: www.blogit.com
2. Submit your articles to Url: www.ezinearticles.com. This is another tip that doesn’t bring in hundreds of new visitors immediately (although it can if you keep doing it) but it''s worthwhile because you simply leverage what you already have - your pillar articles. Once a week or so take one of your pillar articles and submit it to Url: www.ezinearticles.comYour article then becomes available to other people who can republish your article on their website or in their newsletter. How you benefit is through what is called your "Resource Box". You create your own resource box which is like a signature file where you include one to two sentences and link back to your website (or blog in this case). Anyone who publishes your article has to include your resource box so you get incoming links. If someone with a large newsletter publishes your article you can get a lot of new readers at once. So when you write these articles keep in mind you must be very clever and creative with your sales pitch because there will be plenty of other sites with maybe your same product line unless you find a truely unique product niche.
1. Write more pillar articles. Everything you do above will help you to find blog readers and increase customers to your webiste. However all of the techniques I’ve listed only work when you have strong pillars or links back to your website or blog in place. Without them if you do everything above you may bring in readers but they won’t stay or bother to come back. Aim for one solid pillar article per week and by the end of the year you will have a database of over 50 fantastic feature articles that will work hard for you to bring in more and more readers and customers.
I hope you enjoyed my list of traffic tips. Everything listed above are techniques I’ve put into place myself for my blogs and many websites that have worked for me, however it''s certainly not a comprehensive list. There are many more things you can do. Finding readers and clients are all about testing to see what works best for you and your audience and I have no doubt that if you put your mind to it you will find solutions that work for you.
Did you find this article useful? Please leave a comment if you like
This Online Article is by Karl Johnson email: email@example.com
A website owner and blogger. Author of Url: www.turnkeywebsiteaffiliate.wordpress.com , Url: www.turnkeywebsitereviews.wordpress.com , Url: www.turnkeywebsitearticles.wordpress.com Url: www.afiliateprogramsmadeeasy.blogspot.com A mentoring program of sorts designed to teach the serious blogger or website owner to improve their quality of life through residual income from internet businesses. part time or full time
Zero to 50 in 30 days!!
Posted by Karl Johnson. Posted In : Articles